Hello everyone and thank you for a great first term of 2021. We have now been dancing in a different way for a year, and despite the challenges we have some great successes to celebrate:
- 3000 classes on ZOOM
- 5 exam days with over 80 students taking exams in Ballet, Tap and Modern
- Continuing dance training and Disney rehearsals
We have had an excellent time on ZOOM and thank you to those that have joined us on ZOOM over the past 12 months it has been incredible that we’ve been able to continue our training in the face of adversity and I’m so proud of each and everyone of my students. And of course thankful to all the parents/guardians that have stuck through the technical difficulties and ensured that there is space to dance in your busy homes.
Back to the Studio
Now in line with the governments’ road map, we are ready and able to return to the studio (yay!) from Monday 19th April after our Easter break. We will be opening for bookings online on 5th April. Spaces for classes are limited so please do ensure you book as soon as possible using the usual route here. Just a reminder to please book ballet & tap at the same time to receive the discount. If you have taken ballet, tap or modern exams then please book the next grade up (e.g. if you took Grade 1 ballet exam in December, please now book into Grade 2 ballet).
**Monday Babydance Class: This will take place at the same time, but at St Mary’s Hall (Bedfont) until May half term.**
We will retain our safety restrictions in our venues from our previous 7 weeks in the studio. These are:
- Hand sanitiser on entrance and exit of the venue. And also available throughout class to encourage students to keep their hands clean.
- Face masks must be worn upon entrance and exit to class by all students aged 8 and over as per requests from our venues.
- Parents are also asked to wear masks and maintain social distancing when dropping off and collecting from class.
- One-way system in and out of venues.
- ‘Dance Spots’ will be used in class to maintain social distancing between the students.
Awards day will take place this year, however a little differently to what we are used to. We will have ‘in-class awards day’ in the last week of our Summer term. During these awards classes, all students will receive their certificates, medals for exams, and our trophies will go out to our award winners, including our scholarship award. Exam results will all be in then and our students will get their official results and certificates.
Finally, I wanted to say one last huge thank you to my students, parents and teachers. You’ve been so incredibly supportive over the past 12 months and beyond. I couldn’t do this without you so thank you! I’m getting ready for our next show so be ready to continue to work hard!
See you all in the studio from the 19th April and have a lovely Easter!
Miss Kelli & the K.D.A.D Team